This is my little girl Naomi and she's going to show you how to make the best cheese scones..
You Will need...
225g Self raising flour
a little pinch of salt
50g of unsalted Butter
70g of your favourite cheese grated
( we choose Double Gloucester and sometimes crumbly feta with a few chives added in!!)
120ml of semi-skim milk
pop your oven on 220c, 200 for a fan oven.
425F or Gas mark 7.
1. Mix up the flour salt and cubed butter we have a handy pastry tool to do this
and it keeps the mixture cool as you work it in to resemble bread crumbs.
2. Add your grated cheese mix in with a blunt knife, then add your milk a little bit
at a time so the mixture does not get all soggy if it does just add more flour!!!
3. Now you can handle your dough. Pat it out on a floured surface about 2.5cm thick.
4. Take your round cutter and cut small scones and place on a floured tray.
we like to keep them small and almost bite size, they look much nicer that way!!
5. Once they are all done glaze them with milk or beaten egg
and pop them in the oven for about 15mins.
and there you have it the most yummy cheese scones.
Of course you have to eat them straight away and give them a good spread of butter!!
and now for the taste test !!
one very happy little cook!!
and thats how Naomi makes Cheese scones
What a clever girl!!