Powered By Blogger

About us

My photo
Hi welcome to our blog. Davinder and I are married and love all things textiles.We have a passion for pattern and have decided not to only make our products but share a bit about the things we love. We hope you get inspired and please leave comments we love to hear from you. Enjoy!! Davinder and Caroline

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Birthday cake for my Mum

You may be suprised to know I have never made a cake like this before but with a bit of help from a lovely flower shape cutter and some shop bought sugar craft flowers and ready to roll Royal Icing I was away. I got so much pleasure out of making it especially the anticipation of seeing my Mum's face when she found out I had actually made it.
I have made plenty of regular cakes before and the sponge has been ok sometimes great sometimes a little dry/ over cooked but this cake was special it had to be right for my Mum and it turned out to be probably the best most moist yummy cake I have ever achieved !!
So don't go to the supermarket and buy those ready made cakes have a go doing it yourself you will have so much fun and give far more pleasure to all who eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment